Thursday, September 17, 2009

Date Night

Thursday nights, our kids are with their respective other parents (it's complicated), which means it's date night. We almost always go out to dinner, but tonight we're going to cook instead. The menu: Chipotle-lime chicken on the grill, accompanied by a grilled sauce (you grill all the components, then throw 'em in a blender with your liquid ingredients and spices) and a fresh tomato-and-corn pie that a foodie friend recommended. Never made any of these dishes, which is part of the fun, plus they sound great to me. I'm thinking a Sauvignon Blanc will pair nicely.

It's yet another gorgeous day, with a warm breeze and clear skies. I can't believe this summer, and now this almost-fall. So we intend to eat on the back patio, then take a nice walk, then come home and watch new-season TV. It sounds underwhelming, I guess, for a "date," but I adore these kinds of nights and I'm already looking ahead and missing them from January's vantage point.

No comments:

Post a Comment